Friday, February 16, 2007

This is it!

This morning was the last time I will be nursing my son. He is 1 years old next week and this weekend we are going on a couples retreat with our church....(no kids). This will be the first time in a year that I went away without Lincoln. He refused bottles, it didn't matter if it was breast milk, or formula, or cow milk....he hates bottles. He will now take a sippy cup with milk, not breast milk but cows milk. I am sad that we are done but at the same time I'm extremely happy for this Independence we will both now have. Lincoln will be going to my mother-in-laws and Reagan will be going to my mothers. I'm excited about getting away with my husband and doing things that don't involve wiping a child's butt, going to dinner without needing a high chair or having to walk around while my husband eats then he walks around and so on and so on. I have earned this weekend and it will be fun, I know it.
Lincoln will be fine, he eats more table food than breast milk and I only was nursing him once in the morning and once at night.
Now I just need to drop off Lincoln after he wakes up, clean the house, pack, buy some food for the retreat and then wait for Tim to get home.
Have a great weekend everyone :)

No comments: