Wednesday, April 4, 2007

underwater basket weaving

So on the first Wednesday of the month I go to a local church that hosts for free a thing called Time Out For Mom's. They provide free childcare and for 2 hours we do a little project, go shopping, scrap booking, dessert making, you get the idea.

So this month we weaved baskets. Yes, I actually made a basket that is useful and it doesn't look horrible either, at least my mom will be proud of me! I learned that it is a wet processes because you need to keep the wood material wet so it won't break. It was actually a lot of fun. I was able to have adult conversation, have a snack, get a break from the kids, and I now have a basket that will find a home some place in our home.

So with out further ado here is my basket......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is cool, Christy. I want to learn how to do it. Oh, yes, Grammie and Auntie Mary wove fabric, not baskets.
Love, mom

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed. It looks quite professional. You deserve to be proud.

Julie