Thursday, May 24, 2007

OUCH!!....the kids, and trees

I hurt, oh my goodness, oh my goodness, the guy said it would hurt but man this hurts. I will give another update tomorrow but wow, I think I will need physical therapy.

Reagan and Lincoln had a dentist appointment a couple of weeks ago and I'm proud to say that both kids are cavity free. Both kids got there picture taken and it is put up on the wall, they get a special coin to get a toy out of a machine....they love their dentist.

Oh, and last year we had 4 trees planted in our back yard 2 jacquemontii birch, 1 red leaf maple and 1 flowering pear. Well, the 2 jacquemontii birch trees are actually paper birch, so sometime this next month the landscaper is coming back to plant the correct trees. We actually didn't know they were different except they started to droop and they had these seed pods on them, so me being the investigator I am, I went to the Internet and solved the mystery. We already have 3 jacquemontii birch trees that Tim and I planted when we first moved in so we did have something to compare them to.

This what the jacquemontii birch tree's looked like when we planted them 2 1/2 years ago.














This is what they look like today, plus another house has been built.



















This is what the paper birch tree's look like today, they have been in the ground for about a year. They are the tree's on both sides of the flowering pear in the middle. Very droopy, they do have white bark like the jacquemontii's but it doesn't peal off like the jacquemontii's. Oh, and you can see hopefully the last house that will be built behind our home. If you look at this home do you notice something odd???.....there is a roof on top of the fake chimney.

No comments: