Wednesday, February 20, 2008

2

Lincoln will be 2 years old on Friday and I'm not sure where all the time went.

I remember when you were born, and I kept saying to the nurses, he isn't breathing right and when finally someone did listen to me...I was right and I didn't see you for over 12 hours. I remember feeling God's presence and having a tremendous amount of peace. I had access to my laptop and not once did I google all the horrible things they told me that could be wrong. We prayed that day and gave Lincoln to God and said, "God if you want him he is yours." But the whole time I had this peace that I really can't describe, I knew it was in God's hands. Three days later he was free of all tubes and iv's and back in our room. He had something called TTN, something common in boys who are born via c-section.

I remember when he slept for the first time in his crib, he was 8 weeks old and he slept 10 hours and I woke up 3 times thinking he needs to eat or my breasts are going to explode. Fortunately that didn't happen, and he kept sleeping 10 hours for 8 more weeks until he got his first tooth.



I remember when he was 6 months old and we drove to Seattle for our 6th wedding anniversary. We visited my Grammy and went to a Seattle Mariners game and watched as they beat our beloved Boston Red Sox's. On the way home what should have been a 4 hour drive was closer to 7 1/2 hours because Lincoln either was pooping or wanting to eat every other hour.



I remember the last time I nursed him, he was 13 months old and we were down to nursing every other night and that night he didn't want it. I remember thinking this is it, another step of freedom for our little guy, and thinking please don't move to far away from home, I promise I will be the best mother in law in the whole world. I remember smelling this hair and rocking him and reading good night moon, and thinking my heart is going to burst because of the love I have for him.

Lincoln, you are almost 2 years old, I remember when my nephew Alex was 2 years old and now he is 16 years old and driving. Time goes so fast.

I'm going to post soon about Lincoln's toy box birthday present. I'm waiting to hear back from the artist we found who is going to paint it, I want to put a link to his web site and his name. I'm so excited!!!

1 comment:

Julie's Blog said...

That was so moving and enjoyable to read. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and love.
Happy Birthday, Lincoln.