Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The conclusion

After I witnessed this drunk woman being taken into their home over one of the males shoulder I went back to bed. Tim asked me what was wrong and I told him what I saw. I then laid in bed for about 45 seconds and decided that I couldn't just lay their and hope this woman was okay.
What if...what if....
If she was my sister, cousin, daughter or friend, I thought someone should know if she was in danger?

So, I got out of bed found the non emergency police line and called them. I told them exactly what I told you, and said everything might be just fine but what if it wasn't. Just before midnight a police officer called our home and told me that he spoke to the man and the woman and he said she is his girlfriend and that everything was alright. They (our neighbors & the girl) thought it was funny and the police officer felt comfortable that they were telling him the truth. The cop told me that he didn't tell them who called but he said they didn't seem bothered by the whole ordeal. I went back to bed and slept peacefully all night.

I'm glad I called and I would do it again.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I would have done the same thing and worried as well. I guess I am considered a nosy neighbor. I don't mean to be I am just home more than some and see what is going on. Just curious do you know your neighbors name? I am curious if it is a guy I worked with that lives up there?