Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Goodnight Moon

We watched the lunar eclipse, did you?
These first 2 picture's are of the kids and our chairs as we are watching the lunar eclipse in our driveway around 6:15 pm.



The kids quickly decided it was more fun to play in the van than sit under blankets.


These next set of picture's are taken with my camera with the night vision setting on.

Its interesting that you can't even really see the eclipse.


This picture is when the moon was just dark and looked a little red.


These last set of picture's were taken with my camera with the flash on.







The last picture was taken just after the moon was covered completely around 7 pm. In person you could still see the moon, but with the camera it couldn't capture it...my flash just isn't that strong. If you click on the picture, you can barely see a sliver of the moon.
Goodnight Moon

2 comments:

Julie's Blog said...

There is no flash that strong.
Watching things like that are so great to do with kids, so that when they read about it in school they can relate to it all.
I remember watching the eclipse of the sun out in Marion County outside of a little school, West Stayton, or North Marion Elementary, maybe. There was no school that day. The skeleton staff wasn't even interested. I was out there by myself. It was eerie.

Christy said...

how weird Julie, you would think that the science teacher would have been out there with you.
Back before Mt. St. Helens erupted, my parents would take us kids after church or even on a nice Saturday to watch the volcano. Looking back it was a crazy thing to do, we were still on the Oregon side but still. I will also never forget when it did finally blow its top, I was 4 1/2 years old.