Friday, March 7, 2008

Update day 2

Tim had a doctor's appointment today for a dressing change. They changed the dressing and I was able to see the scare, little bleeding which is great. They also took an x-ray and I was just amazed at how different his foot looks, it wasn't a subtle change in the bone like I thought. Hopefully after he heals and we don't need to use the very cool handicap sticker anymore we can start walking like we use to. Tim's next appointment is on the 17th to remove the stitches and get a shoe cast thing. He can return to work Thursday I think. He is in a lot more pain today because he had to go to the doctor, they told us we could double is Demerol, but it really didn't help with the pain...he tried the darvocet but it didn't help....so he is going back to the Demerol. We are still icing and he is also using a tens unit, it sends an electrical impulse to the foot to encourage blood flow and healing, it also helps with the pain. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him.

Lincoln has been sleeping a lot, he took a 3 hour and 45 min nap today and slept over 12 hours last night. I'm pretty sure its his body healing, but he still has a horrible cough.

Reagan spent last night with her Nana Sue & Papa Kim they told scary stories and "and then" stories, went shopping and just had fun. Tonight she is staying with her Grammy Pammy and having a slumber, making cookies, watching movies, playing barbies and polly pockets. You should see what she packs, a suit case, her doll Suzy, Suzy's suit case, her tackle box of polly pockets, and purse with her a camera.....all for 1 night.

2 comments:

Scott and Shana said...

A house if healing... I hope your family starts to get better soon. I went for my first long walk since I hurt my back and things went well. Madison sends hugs to Lincoln!

Lori Vernon said...

Wow- that is some serious pain if Demerol and Darvocet didn't help! That stuff makes me seriously loopy!

Hope everyone starts to feel better soon!

Blessings!