Saturday, August 16, 2008

Surpise!!

As I was going outside this morning, I put on my left shoe and it felt a little funny and I heard a little noise....I then thought....I should look in my shoe. My shoe's had been outside all night which is common. Tim had sprayed for spiders the weekend before, not too worried. I take off my shoe and I slowly peep at the toe portion and there is a huge spider staring back at me. I proceed to FREAK OUT, hand Tim my shoe and he says, yeah that is a big spider. He nonchalantly says, I hope its not a Hobo Spider. This is what was in my shoe.....a male hobo spider.


I learned that 50% of all bites are dry, so no venom, my foot or my toes don't have any marks that would indicate a bite. However, that doesn't stop me from thinking my foot is tingling or itchy because my head is playing games with me. We put the spider in a food storage container, and I think we are suppose to put it in the freezer.

We also have 10 wasps or jellow jacket nests on the eves of our house. Tonight he is going to spray them and hopefully it will get rid of them.

It is the hottest weekend of the summer, at 9 am it was 72 degrees and now its 2:30 pm and its 95 degrees......its gonna be a hot one.

No comments: