Saturday, September 6, 2008

Here I go

I moved from small town to big city town in 1985. I went from a small private school to a large public school. I was in the 3rd grade, I looked like a Laura Ingalls Wilder wanna be with glasses and a broken arm....I will try to find a picture.

I made a few friends and I asked them who do you want to be Presidents? What do you think about abortion. I think my Mom might have gotten a few phone calls from other mother's wanting to know what she had told me about abortion. When I was in the 2nd grade the small private school I went to picketed an abortion clinic.

I was raised in a home that was active in the Republican party, politics, changing legislation, walking door to door to get republican pro-life candidates elected.

My Mom became a Republican when I was 2 year old, she had been a Democrat up until then.

When I was in junior high I organized the first ever mock election for the school. I went to the '88 Republican convention in New Orleans and the '92 convention in Houston. Then George H.W. Bush's inauguration. I was the youngest Presidential Elector in the country in the 2000 election and then went to G.W.'s inauguration. I have worked on countless high profile campaigns and have loved every minute of it.

My Mom was a State Senator and that was a lot of fun. She held office for 5 years.

I was raised in politics, its in my blood and I'm proud to be a Pro-life Republican.

I listen to Rush Limbaugh, I think he is hilarious, seriously he is funny!

I haven't been able to be as active in politics in this stage of my life because its hard to volunteer with small kids and a school schedule. I'm pretty sure I will be able to help out during this election cycle but it will be limited, I would love to do more.

I love this time of year, I watched both conventions from beginning to end. I love the process, the debates, political ads, I even love it when they call me and want to know how I'm going to vote. I love the bumper stickers, yard signs and the rally's.

I'm an ordinary person, who some day would like to hold office. When I was in the 4th grade I said I wanted to be President of the United States of America, a pretty lofty goal for the smallest kid in the class. I look up to Sarah Palin and what she has accomplished in her life, I hope Reagan (our daughter) realizes what she is doing for all women in America.

I want McCain to be our next President.

There is nothing that is appealing to me about Obama, I think Hilary would have been a better VP choice than Biden. However, I don't think Obama could have handled her power and her presence. I think she is more interesting to listen to and watch than Obama.

I guess come November we will see who chose a better VP running mate.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Love it. Thanks for speaking the truth. You are awesome.

Christy said...

Thanks Kristin!! I'm really excited about John McCain and Sarah Palin. Did you see that McCain is up in the polls over Obama?