Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I should buy a lottery ticket

I couple of weeks ago I got a post card in the mail informing me that I need to renew my drivers license. Unfortunately a new law has passed and I can't just mail in a check. I have to pack up both kids, put on make-up for a new picture and go down and show them multiple documents that I am who I say I am.

I was ready for the long haul, we have all been to the DMV and know how long it can take. Are you ready for the most amazing part.....I walked in, got a number, went straight to counter number 5, showed said documents, wrote out check, sat down for 30 seconds....not exaggerating, my name was called, signed more papers, picture was taken and I was done. They gave me a temporary card until my real one comes in the mail in about 7-10 business days.

I was in there for maybe 5-10 minutes, seriously I have never seen the DMV so empty in my life and this was right before lunch.

Maybe this new law isn't so bad after all?

3 comments:

Scott and Shana said...

Maybe the DMV is the "ying" to your laundry room "yang."

=)

Christy said...

That would be sad, because I only have to visit the DMV every 8 years or so.

Lee Ann said...

I did the same thing earlier this year near my birthday. I went during the day during the week on the one on Portland road. South would be worse I think.