Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Super Duper Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party....in the making

For my 30th birthday I was breastfeeding and didn't feel like having a party. So, my awesome husband said, "when you turn 32 we will have a super duper sweet sixteen party for you!" I instantly loved the idea and for 2 years have been waiting for my birthday.

Then I went to visit my brother Bill in N.C. and my sister in law Danielle was having a party at the church for the girls and it was thrift store prom themed. I knew that would be the theme for my party. I changed theme a little so it would be 80's thrift store prom.

So, in 4 weeks my friends will have found the perfect 80's prom dress at various local thrift shops around town. We will commence at our house for dinner and prom picture's and then we will go bowling.

The things I need to do to get ready for the party are to create a backdrop for the prom pictures. I'm thinking garden scene or big city lights. Or a black background with a balloon arch. What do you all think?

4 comments:

Becka Babe said...

I love the balloon arch idea, that's what I always think of when I think of 80's prom pictures. Of course you could watch Napoleon Dynamite and see the the decor they had in their dance scene. It seemed pretty 80's to me!

Scott and Shana said...

Don't forget that you need to get a prom king crown and a prom Queen tiara!!

Sounds like a blast!

-Scott

Stormy C... is said...

Ah the big tall buildings - I can picture EXACTLY what you are talking about and that already brought back a good laugh!! :) I am sure anything you make will be great!

Shana said...

Whoot Whoot! When is the party??