Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A mother's guilt



C-sections best for baby when close to due date from Associated Press

Lincoln's due date was March 5th, 2006 and he was born February 22, 2006 at 28 weeks and 3 days. Had I waited 4 days I could have sparred him 3 days in the NICU. I know that there is no way of knowing, but being that I asked for that date I feel responsible. Because of what happened with Lincoln, I decided long ago about a week after Lincoln was born and after I knew what TTN was....that the next baby we have would be born with in days of their due date.

Reagan was born via c-section only 6 days before her due date, but I had been in labor and she was ready. She was posterior, was not cooperating with labor because I have something called a bicornuate uterus. I am extremely fortunate to not have suffered any miscarriages so far because of this condition. I just need to take clomid because my body doesn't play by the rules.....(speaking of why do I still get zits at my age).......We will see how things go.

No comments: