Friday, February 20, 2009

Lincoln's Scooby-Doo Cake

Lincoln asked for a Scooby-Doo cake because I have a picture on the fridge of a Scooby-Doo cake I made for Julia my Goddaughter 6 years ago. Oh, and we don't even watch Scooby-Doo, so I think its funny that he wants this cake. I love making cakes for the kids on there birthday, so here is how it went.


This is what its supposed to look like.


Make frosting, just butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.

My wonderful mother's frosting tool box stocked full with all the tips, food coloring, and frosting gadgets I would ever need....thanks Mom!!


Color all the different amounts of frosting for the cake.


I didn't like how brown turned out.....looks like baby poop or dog poop....its the one on the right. So, I made chocolate frosting for Scooby's fur. And it tastes so good....hmmmm especially on Graham crackers.


Gave the mixer parts to the kids to lick, and went to find a knife.

And this is what I found, I was honestly out of knifes, but the forks, and both size spoons were missing.....I think I know who did it.

I found the forks.....on the counter....obviously its not what the perp was looking for.

I found the spoons with my perp, caught red handed, but he didn't care.

Pip in with outline of his face, nose, ears, mouth, and collar with black.

Pip in white around the cake, and eyes, also pip in pink for tongue and ears.

Start to pip in chocolate frosting with the # 16 tip everywhere else except for the collar.

He looks a little dark but in person he looks good. Pip in collar with teal and yellow on the tag and this doggy is done.

Here it is next to the paper instructions, not too bad if you ask me....its really not a hard cake to make, just time consuming.


Tomorrow we head to Chuck E Cheese to meet up with 3 of his friends, although I only think 1 friend is going to show because the other 2 are sick. Oh, well, we are going to Chuck E Cheese and have some fun. On Sunday we are having a family party with the grandparents and great-grandparents...with another chocolate cake...but this time its just a round cake.

No comments: