Monday, April 20, 2009

Blast from the past

Today I was looking for some papers in my parents garage in an old filing cabinet and stumbled upon this here beauty. I was 9 years old and it was my first year in public school. I had a broken arm that you can't see, and was in love with Laura Ingalls Wilder hence the braids.


On the first day of school it was Stacey's birthday, a girl who would become one of my closest friends. I was sitting in the back of the class and her Mom was there getting ready to pass out the cupcakes when we started chatting. I was invited to Stacey's birthday party and it turned out she lived just down the street from me. I knew from that day on I would be okay.

My Mom is somewhat of a saver of papers and also in the filing cabinet were all the letters my friends wrote me when I broke my arm and from when I was Super Kid of the week. I'm glad my Mom saved those papers even if it does drive my Dad a little nuts.

2 comments:

Julie Donaldson said...

My mom didn't save squat. I wish she had. I still have some of Scott's things and too many of Lee Ann's.

Linnea said...

I remember those hair elastics with the hard, clear plastic knobs at the ends. I always snapped myself by accident when trying to untie them! Ouch!