Friday, June 5, 2009

Dr. Appointment

We went to the doctor's appointment and met our nurse Tara and our Doctor. I really liked our doctor, she speaks Italian but is from America and is easy going and nice. I think I will just call her Dr. Nice. Anyway, she is almost 100% positive that I have polycystic ovarian syndrome you can read all about it over at WebMD. Dr. Nice put me on a drug called Metformin because when you have PCOS you are most likely insulin resistant at some level.

I took my first dose of Met tonight and I can already start to feel the side effects, my gut sounds like I'm percolating coffee. I will be taking this for a month and every week I will be increasing the dose to eventually be taking 2 pills at breakfast and 2 pills at dinner.

Next month I go on clomid while still taking the Met and an ultrasound on cd 13 to see if I'm going to ovulate. I also found out that ovulation predictor kits don't work when you have PCOS, and that is why I couldn't get any results these past months. They took my blood and will have official results by the end of next week, they are testing for all sorts of things.

Overall I feel good about Dr. Nice and the plan we have. But above all its in God's hands and I know that when and if we do get pregnant again it will be in His timing and I am at peace knowing that.

No comments: