Monday, June 29, 2009

Family Fun Weekend

We rented our friends townhouse at a nice resort last weekend. Tim's Mom, my brother in law Todd, sister in love Leah and their daughter Haley all went as well. After much driving we arrived and quickly got out the bikes. Our friends told us that they have a little scooter in the back and I was thinking something like a razor but nothing like what we found.

Uncle Bubbha aka Todd, went and got it and I wasn't sure if it was for the kids or the adults. We read the warning or caution instructions and found that it was for the adults or kids over 12 years old. Since none of the kids were over 12 they got to look and touch and sit on it but not ride it.


When it was my turn I was surprised at how fun it was, but as soon as I got off, I quickly felt my age.


Here is Auntie Leah's turn.


We even got Nana Sue on the little scooter thing.


After fun on the bikes, unpacking, finding lizards and frogs we headed to the pool. Uncle Bubbha and Auntie Leah went and got some yummy pizza while I swam with the kids and Nana Sue took picture's. Tim had to work on Friday so he didn't arrive until just before bedtime.

Saturday we rented a bike with a seat on the back for Lincoln, that is the picture from a couple of days ago. He LOVED it and I think we will be looking for one of those seats soon. After riding bikes all morning we went shopping and found a children's museum in the shopping area....very smart idea.

Lincoln my little shopper always checking the weight of the produce...I think its broccoli.

Here the kids are playing vet, and notice what kind of dog they are treating?? That's right, a bulldog.


Look at this picture of Haley, climbing the rock wall in flip flops. This girl has some talent.

Here is Reagan trying her hand at white water canoeing, I think that is what its called?

And finally Lincoln in the canoe, but he can't be bothered with a helmet or life jacket, he's not really one for accessories.

We had such a great time and can't wait to go back again soon. When we left to go home Lincoln asked when we were going back to the house and I said we will be home soon and he said no, the house. I realized he was talking about the townhouse, Lincoln never says that, because he loves home so much, that should give you an idea of how much fun we had and how comfortable the home was.

No comments: