Monday, June 29, 2009

Teddy

My Grammie gave this to me about 10 years ago and when we moved I couldn't find it until last week. It is a famous book called "When we were very young" by A.A. Milne. It's not a first edition but 74th edition printed in Sept, 1926. If you aren't familiar with the author let me give you a hint. All of his poems were inspired by Christopher Bobin, I mean Christopher Robin.



This is the poem called Teddy Bear, but the bear in the picture may look and act like Winnie the Pooh, however his name is actually Mr. Edward Bear.

My Grammie grew up on the East Coast, I don't know if this place even still exists but its fun to have this book back on the bookshelf where is belongs.

1 comment:

The Shannons said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentano%27s

Kinda still around but now part of a corporate giant.