Friday, July 3, 2009

Six

There is this little girl that is not so little anymore.....she is turning six at the end of the month and she reminds us daily. Today we crafted her birthday invitations to her liking.

Her party is going to be a Cinderella party. Sadly she has lost her slipper

I got some double sided cardstock in a light fuschia color. On the darker side I printed the lost slipper information.

On the back the information about when and where. You should click on the picture so you can actually read the wording on the invitation.

I used my Silhouette cutter to cut out glass slippers using silver translucent paper.

Lastly we glued them on to the front of the invitation and then sprinkled glitter around the border of the glass slipper so it would sparkle like glass.


Here is the birthday girl with the final invitation and she just can't wait to mail them.

2 comments:

krista lucas photography said...

such a cute idea for a party! i love the idea to come dressed in rags but to bring a fancy dress!! (i'm a friend of bill & danielle's, by the way, in case you were wondering about the random commenter!)

Christy said...

Thanks Krista, and of course I know who you are! I will have to admit that I didn't make up the idea for the party, I found it on some Cinderella party website and Reagan liked it, so we went with it.