Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Clinical Trial

My doctor is apart of a large university hospital and right now she is doing a clinical trial for women who don't ovulate. Everything is paid for and it could take 6 weeks to 6 months to complete the trial. The medication will be administered through a patch. Either placebo/placebo, clomid/placebo, or gonal-F/placebo. I won't know which one I'm getting and I have to keep a drug diary and a sex diary. I will have to go off of metformin for a month before I can start on the trial, yesterday was my last day on metformin (yippie). The two ultrasounds I had last week didn't show any follicles, just lots of small eggs that weren't ready to pop. I have to wait 2 weeks to see if I'm pregnant.
I'll let you know more as I do.
Today I must go shopping, tomorrow is our 9 year wedding anniversary and I haven't found anything for Tim yet...yikes!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, I can't believe I'm about to write this on the internet but here goes: I don't ovulate either!! Its too late for me as my hubs just had a vasectemy but I would have loved to be a part of this. Good luck to you; I'll be interested to see how it all goes.

Ok, just reread this and how funny is it that we bothered with a vasectemy when I don't ovulate?? Yes, kind of funny BUT I did somehow manage to get pregnant twice!

Christy said...

But Jennifer, you know that you would have ovulated like when Emily was 10 years old and had a whoops. Not saying that wouldn't be fun, but we all know our limits.

And again I also don't know why I wasted all that money on birth control, such a waste.

Don't worry, not that many people read my blog and they certainly don't go back and read old comments....your safe here on the internet.