- 1 teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream, for serving
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the chile powder with the salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cornstarch, water and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the chicken, onion, seal and knead gently to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet until shimmering. Empty the contents of the bag into the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a large bowl and serve with the warmed tortillas, lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream and lime wedges.
Today I'm going to try this recipe in the crock pot. I have made it before on the stove but thought I would try something different. So far it smells delicious, but Lincoln has informed me is doesn't like "pajitas".