Saturday, September 12, 2009

Just a few of my favorite things

These are just a few of my favorite kitchen/food things.
I have wanted to write this post for a long time. These are in no particular order.....I just love them all.

  • I discovered these pies from a softball teammate about 6 or 7 years ago. You will never have to make a homemade pie again. These taste better than homemade, and will save you time & money because they come out perfect every time. They come frozen, just slip them out into your own pie pan and no one will know the difference. They also have a wonderful selection of "no bake" pies. Someday I might just work for this company selling their pies because I tell everyone about them. Willamette Valley Fruit Company also sells more than just pies, so please check them out.
  • I love our Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. I use it almost daily and I love most of the attachments. The attachments that I don't care for are the pasta ones. I have tried so many times with many different recipes and I just can't seem to get it to work. But other than that I love this mixer!
  • Birds eyes steamers I love these veggies, its so quick and easy and they taste great too.

  • Dino chicken, because without them I think Lincoln might starve.

I started this a couple of days ago and made this list, but now have lost the list and can't remember what else I wrote down because I have been distracted by Reagan's first day of school. Then I fell or tripped over Ditka and landed on my right side squishing my ribs and now it hurts to take a deep breath. I might have been able to catch myself but I was holding our $1,200 camera so I sacrificed myself for the camera...heck we have health insurance.

Then at the last minute I had to go up to the University Hospital with the kids for the clinical trial and pick up some meds so I can have an HSG. I should have the hsg in a couple weeks and hopefully when that test comes back normal then 3 weeks later I will start the clinical trial.

Tonight we celebrated my Mom's birthday and I need to do a nice post for her separately like I did for my Dad.

I also need to tell you about the ant farm the kids received from Nana & Granddad, the ants came today and they are rather interesting.

1 comment:

Julie Donaldson said...

The pies are great. I love them, too, but they are a bit too sweet.
I have the same mixer and rarely use it. I think because I don't bake.
I hope in my life time every American can say after they take a tumble, "I have health insurance".