Friday, October 23, 2009

Clinical Trial Day 1

I went today and got all my gear, including an umbrella, which was needed today because it has been raining cats and dogs here. I have to be careful of what I say, so I will be speaking in more general terms. If you want to ask me any questions please email me, its over there on the side bar on the left.

I can tell you that the drug is FDA approved....if I'm in one of the groups that are getting it. The way I am receiving the drug is what they are testing. I'm required to wear "a device" that emits the drug every 90 minutes. It must be worn on either the arms or on my belly. I am also taking a pill for five days, but I don't know if its placebo or a drug. I could have placebos for the device, the pill, or both. The device must be changed every 12 hours. That is when I can shower, workout or swim.

I had a base line ultrasound and they found a large cyst on my left ovary, but I'm not concerned. I have another ultrasound next Friday to monitor my eggs, hopefully there will be a nice sized egg that wants to implant in my womb. I pray that is God's plan, but only time will tell. I'm hopeful even if this isn't the time, because we still feel that this is what God wants us to be doing.

No comments: