Friday, October 9, 2009

Prison Diet

I know two post in one day, how will anyone keep up?

But really, have I told you that Lincoln is on a prison diet?  He won't eat anything but bread with butter or toast with butter.  He will of course eat any type of cracker, chips as long as they are cheese flavor and any type of chocolate that doesn't have anything in it besides chocolate.

We have scaled back his "sour milk" to make him hungry for other foods and let me tell you, that boy is stubborn!!  I'm truly at a loss of what else to do but pray.  We pray every night, please God increase Lincoln's appetite for more healthy foods.

I remember Reagan going through something similar, she would only eat noodles with butter and when we went out to eat it was easy to order that for her.  Now Reagan will try anything and she eats and eats and I wonder where did my noodles and butter girl go?  But what do you say to the waiter, just bread and butter for the boy?  He will on rare occasions have a grilled cheese sandwich.

The major problem with his prison diet is that he gets so much dairy that he gets backed up and people.....that not fun!  His new thing is to poop in his diaper or pull-up when he is in bed and then come into our room and say he want's to "cuddle" but really he just wants you to smell him so he will get changed.  He is a smart manipulator I will give him that.

In our bible study we are starting a new prayer request thingy and they started it off with this verse,
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7). 

That will be my first prayer request that goes into the box, the second one will that I get pregnant.

5 comments:

Julie Donaldson said...

If I had him for the week. He would not be offered chips, or white bread,or any butter, but slices of pear, or apples, some roasted vegetables and maybe black beans and brown rice. 8 oz. of slim milk for lunch and dinner. Like it or lump it. Breakfast, maybe scrambled eggs and orange segments.
Send him up on the bus any time.

Christy said...

Thanks for bringing that up Julie.
He gets oroweat whole grain potato bread. And believe me he is offered a fresh variety of fruits and veggies. And sadly he has gone to bed hungry, and I feel bad. I know this is just a phase. But he use to eat such a great variety of foods.

Julie Donaldson said...

Dr. Goetz used to say to put in front of the kids what we were eating and not to make anything special.
I guess when he gets hungry, he will eat, but that has got to be frustrating.

Scott and Shana said...

Yeah, we have to be tough with the kids sometimes... but they won't starve. Don't worry, Christy! He will open up to other foods more if you keep it up!

-Scott

Jen said...

That's so frustrating!! Abby has been my pickiest eater by far, and it gets so hard. I don't want to fix her what I know she'll eat (chicken nuggets and fries), but the battle gets tiring, and it's easier to get her fed than to have a fussy girl all afternoon!! I so feel your pain!