Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Mom

My Mom sent me an email after she read my post Smile.

I am so thankful to have her in my life and I wanted to share with you all
her kind words of encouragement and love.

This is only 1 out of a billion reasons why I love my Mom.

P.S. She typed this 4 times on her iphone while my Dad was driving from
Dover, DE to Virgina Beach, VA during the week of Thanksgiving.

********

Dear Christy:

(I just read your post about "Smile".)

It is so hard to go through what you are experiencing.
"The barren womb is never satisfied". It makes you
just ache, no matter how many other children you already have.
When we want a baby, we "want" our baby!

How do I know? I know. I remember asking God (on my knees
& out loud), "God, do you remember who I really am? Just
to remind you, this is Marylin. I love kids, Al is
a great father and husband. We are asking for another baby.
If your plan for us doesn't include another baby, I just
wonder if it is possible that our plan might have gotten
mixed up with someone else's plan. Please check it out again".

"I trust you, God, but it would be great if you'd give
us another baby anytime, now".

It sounds pretty dumb now, but I was getting impatient and
older every day. It was about 2 1/2 years later when
Billy was born and another 2 years more until you blessed
our family.

One thing I KNOW ... Your residence is still safely in
the palm of His loving hand. He knows the desires of
your heart and has promised to not have a deaf ear to
his children. All we have to do is continue trusting,
obeying and praising God.

This is the voice of experience (remember, there are
7 1/2 years between our 1st & 2nd boys...& that wasn't our
plan) reminding us that "God is still on the throne
and He never foresaketh His own"
(that means Christy & Tim).

Love and prayers, Mom

2 comments:

Bex said...

Ohh moms! They are the best. What a blessing that she took the time to share part of her story with you during your own season of waiting. Thanks for sharing! Praying for you.

Christy said...

Thanks Becca, I think she is pretty awesome and am glad that we are close.

I'm excited about your pending adoption!