Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wait and see

I have 5 follicles that are 12.5 mm or bigger with one being 15.5 mm.
I have 13 follicles that are all smaller for a total of 18 follicles. My Dr. wants to convert to and IVF cycle but we can't afford that and insurance only covers a small portion of the total cost.
I thought this cycle was a loss and we would have to cancel and shed a few tears over that. But, the nurse called and said that I can give myself a shot of 75 iu of follistim tonight and in the morning do another u/s and blood draw. They are thinking that when the one large follicle gets large enough around 17 -20 mm and hopefully the other follicles will be smaller then we can then trigger......hopefully releasing one large egg.

There are a lot of "ifs" in the above statement and we reserve the right to cancel if too many of the follicles get to the "right" size. We are not wanting to become the next multiples reality show!

On top of all that is going on, Reagan is having some sort of allergic reaction to something and has a hive type rash all over her body that is moving or rotating. Waiting for a call from her doctor.

More tomorrow, thank you and please keep praying!

3 comments:

Marylin Shannon said...

Christy, with daily ultrasounds of your insides, are you going to know when you are 12 hrs "along" (in my generation's lingo)?

This could be the earliest "announcement" of anyone I've ever known.

Am I right or wrong?

Mom

Christy said...

Sorry Mom you are wrong. I still have to wait 10 days to 2 weeks to see if it all worked.

Bex said...

Good luck, Christy! So excited for you. Praying today...