Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We wait, so I read

I had an ultrasound yesterday, it was cd 4 and I wanted to start injections but needed an u/s first. I have lots of old follicles that are just hanging around or I actually never ovulated. I think I did but only God knows. I now am taking birth control for a few weeks and then we will recheck with an u/s.

I won't lie, I am disappointed. I wish I had a little peak at God's play book and see when this is going to happen. But then I know I would miss God's blessings along the way. Our pastor talked about how God doesn't always take the quickest route from point A to point B. Like most Americans we know how to get from our home to where ever we are going the fastest. However, God doesn't always take us on that road and sometimes its a gravel road with bumps and detours and sometimes it doesn't even feel like a road at all.

I am trying my best to read the bible from cover to cover this year. I have a handy little guide that tells me where I need to be in order to do it in one year. But really all it tells me is how far behind I am and how much reading I have to do to catch up.....sigh... Its okay, I am really enjoying reading about Abraham. He was quiet the character, I was laughing out loud as Abraham was speaking to the Lord in Genesis 18:26. Abraham was talking to the LORD and God was telling him that he was going to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham keeps asking God "what if" 50 righteous people are in the city, then later he says, "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord....what if 45 righteous people are in the city." He does this till he has negotiated with the Lord all the way down to 10 righteous people.

At first I was thinking, I can't believe Abraham was negotiating with God questioning Him, but then it hit me. I do that all the time, we do it all the time and you know what? Our God responds to His children, how are we to know unless we ask, we will never know an answer unless we bring it to the Lord. He loves us and delights in us, Psalms 147:11, "the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love."

2 comments:

The Nordstrom Family said...

Funny, I'm reading through the Bible this year, too, though I say I'm on the 2 year plan. (no guilt that way). I am actually at the same spot you are!! I love it! I can't imagine all the emotional ups and downs you're enduring. Enjoy the sunshine!! It will be fun to see if we follow along at about the same pace in our reading.

Christy said...

Christy,
Abraham was a character! For some reason I just am really enjoying taking my time. I don't want to miss anything and I want to make sure that I'm understanding what I am reading. And thinking about it for a couple of days and then I read some more. I like not having the pressure ;)