Sunday, April 18, 2010

I have a slight and embarrassing problem

This pregnancy has caused me to be very constipated. There I said it and now the whole Internet blogging and wide world know my problem. It is because my progesterone is so high, it also causes me to be very tired, which doesn't help to be active and which would help things along.

First I am eating a tone of fresh fruits and veggies, second I switched from
Benifiber to Metamucil and officially feel like an old person, oh and I bought prunes. Truthfully all its doing is giving me horrible, wretched and foul gas, Lincoln is constantly saying, "Mom you floated an air biscuit." Which causes me to start giggling because my son said, "air biscuit."

Almost 2 more days until the ultrasound, it can't happen soon enough.

Some days I feel so good and think that maybe I'm not pregnant anymore, but I try to stay away from those thoughts. I have to remind myself that I am only 6 weeks along, I didn't get morning sickness with either kid and that I am still very tired and constipated. And I do a lot of praying.

Talk soon my friends :)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I had the same problem when I was on the progesterone shots! I took Milk of Magnesia every day and it did the trick! Can't wait to find out the news on Wednesday! We'll be thinking of you.

Christy said...

Thanks Melissa, I will try that!

Snowbrush said...

"This pregnancy has caused me to be very constipated. There I said and now the whole Internet blogging and wide world know my problem."

Don't give is a second thought. When you get to be my age, problems with your bodily functions will be all you talk about.

P.S. My wife has been a labor and delivery nurse for 22 years.

Hello said...

Girlfriend, you need Colace. It's docusate sodium. Stool softener... works wonders and totally safe. Also totally safe is GAS X. I have irritable bowel syndrome and i was a WRECK with Mabel... until my dr told me that since it wasn't absorbed at all, it was totally safe. Took it before every meal and avoided popcorn and pop. Drink lots of water, too.

Kandi said...

Christy, I'm so excited for you! (not the constipation, of course) Where is your ultrasound at? If it's at the hospital, stop by and visit. It gets a little boring here :) we're in rm. 3415 on the peds floor. Praying for you.

Christy said...

Kandi its up in PDX, but I will update my blog from my phone. I'm so sorry your little guy is still in the hospital, but glad he is getting the care he needs.

Valerie said...

I had no idea you were preggers!! Congratulations!
Fiber one bars...seriously! I tried everything post labor..the only thing that worked were fiber one bars-my little miracle!

Christy said...

Thanks Valerie, I will add that to my diet and see how things go.