Monday, April 5, 2010

Lets go back to spring break***updated at end***

On Tuesday March 23rd the doctors gave us the go ahead to trigger and make a baby. We had 2 mature follicles and 2 immature but almost mature follicles. We prayed a lot that day and asked a lot of questions and then I heard a clear voice in my head say, "How can we NOT try?" This is the place that we wanted to be in and how could we not trust God now? So, we put it all in God's hands and took a big leap of faith. We could get pregnant with 4 babies......or 3 babies....or 2 babies....or 1 baby.....or not get pregnant at all.

We have complete peace that we are in God's hands and that we are not pregnant with 4 or even 3 babies, I can't tell you how I know this but I just have this overall feeling we aren't. Which now begs the question am I pregnant at all?

The trigger shot has the pregnancy hormone in it called
HCG. Last Tuesday March 30th I took a pregnancy test and had a faint line. Next day did the same thing and it was negative, and the same for Thursday and Friday. So, I now know that the trigger and the hormones are out of my system.

Sunday morning I got up early before anybody else and I tested. I got a faint line on two different tests....Praise the Lord!!...(yes, I tested twice with two different brands).

I have contemplated whether or not we should share the results but decided to share for a couple of reasons. The first being that we could use your prayers and the more people praying the better. Second, this baby deserves to be celebrated! God is the author of life and only he knows, so we celebrate.

I had a blood test today and another one on Wednesday. I took another test this morning and the line only got darker....which is a very good sign. I will update when I know the results of the blood test.

We won't know if we are having twins until an ultrasound is done and that won't happen for a couple of weeks.

I won't be sharing the news on
facebook for a while so please don't post anything on my wall.

Thank you for your prayers!!

HCG 53.....PREGNANT!!!! Next test Wednesday, now the number has to at least double!!!!

8 comments:

happybuss said...

I will be praying for you guys and praising Him for what this might mean!!

Bex said...

holy crap!!!!! Are you serious!? This is SUCH an answer to prayer, Christy!! Thanks so much for sharing the news...are you pumped?! Praise the LORD! I'm so excited for you!

Christy said...

Cyndi & Bex thank you for commenting...we are thrilled!!!
Praise the Lord is right!! God deserves all the glory. Next test Wednesday and it just has to at least double.

Maryanne and AJ said...

Christy- so very exciting and praying for you and the test results on Wednesday! Such a journey you have been on but so cool to see God working in your heart and the peace he has given you. Praising and praying with you!

Kristin said...

This is so exciting. I am praying for you.

Shakes McGee said...

Thanks for sharing! I will be praying for you guys. This is so amazing!

Bex said...

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just read the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shut up!!!! Praise GOD! Praise God!!! Praise God!!

Christy said...

Thank you guys!!
I feel so blessed and grateful!! April 21st we find out how many :)