Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Reagan was baptized

Reagan has been asking for about 5 months now if she could be baptized. So, I called the church and they put her on a list and about a month ago we got an email about upcoming baptism classes.

When they asked her why she wanted to be baptized she said, "Because I am God's daughter and the Holy Spirit told me to." We couldn't be happier for Reagan and this bold step she took in obeying God.

The woman baptizing Reagan is Christina and she is the pastor of Kindergarten and 1st grade ministries. They had to use a step stool or you wouldn't have been be able to see Reagan at all.

Here are just a few picture's of her getting baptized. My favorite is when she is coming out of the water and she has a huge smile on her face....priceless!!








After church we went to my Mother in laws house and she hosted a brunch. It was a very special time and Reagan received some very special presents. A new bible from Mom & Dad, a bible case from Nana Sue & Papa Kim, a gold cross necklace Nana & Granddad and a gold heart shaped locket with a small diamond on the front from G.G. It looks identical to the locket G.G. gave me when I was baptized so that was extra special for Reagan.

2 comments:

Bex said...

ohh my goodness. this made me get all teary eyed. i love this. what a gift!

scottAD said...

This is a wonderful and important spiritual milestone for her. Please tell Reagan that her Godfather will be sending her something soon.

I am very proud!! What a wonderful day!

-Scott