Recipe for Strawberry Shortcake
1 cup flour-sifted
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar together, then add remaining ingredients.
- Blend 1/2 minute on low speed, then beat 3 minutes on high speed.
- Lightly grease and flour the inside of 4 small round pans, then fill 1/2 full.
- Bake in oven preheated to 375 degrees F until golden brown (about 20 minutes), cakes are done when center springs back when lightly pressed.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on a cake rack.
- When cool and ready to serve, fill the recessed part with Strawberries, add whipped cream, top with Strawberries and serve.
(Sorry for the horrible picture, my camera battery died and my cell phone doesn't always take the best picture's.)