Monday, July 19, 2010

Neighbor update

Remember my neighbor?

Well her daughter moved out just before spring break and Reagan & Lincoln lost a beloved neighbor friend. They loved Patience!

Well, back to the neighbor. She called me a couple of months ago and told me she is sick. I knew at Christmas that she had lung surgery but that it wasn't cancer. Well, the doctor misdiagnosed her and not only did she have lung cancer but she also has brain & liver cancer.

I saw her on Monday and gave her a big hug and told her that I was praying for her. Its amazing how we could go from not liking each other to her coming over just to ask for prayer. I brought them a meal a few weeks ago and I know it was appreciated, it just amazing to me how God has changed my heart. When people ask me about them I am no longer bitter or upset. They are my neighbors and like I said before,

"I would not have chosen them as neighbors but God has and I know He has a much greater plan for us."

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh Christy! I think that falls into the "sacred conversation" category don't you? So proud of you my friend and humbled by your grace and love towards them!
Love ya!

Christy said...

Thank you Vanessa! I do believe that it was a "sacred conversation". I knew that the situation wasn't going to change and I could feel God working in my heart. And truthfully in the beginning I didn't want him to change me. He turned the weeds in my heart into fresh rich soil for a neighbor that just needs love.

Jennifer said...

This is awesome. You go sister. I'll be praying for more encounters.