Monday, August 16, 2010

Anniversary Ring

Tim surprised me with this beautiful ring for our 10 year wedding anniversary! Isn't it gorgeous?! You will have to click on the ring to see the meanings of each stone. Tim is on the inside of the ring to be closer to my heart. I just love it and it is my favorite color!!


When I showed the kids the ring and what the stones meant they both said very shockingly, "Which one is for Ditka!!!" I laughed and said he doesn't get a stone and they both ran to Daddy almost in tears. Daddy said that Ditka was the white gold that holds this family together and then I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. He is not the gold that holds this family together, God is!! So, the kids have added Ditka to my ring and I thought you would enjoy their interpretation.


I don't argue with them anymore, he is important to them and I respect that, but in my heart I know.

5 comments:

scottAD said...

That's a very pretty ring, Christy! Funny about needing Ditka in there...

Christy said...

Thanks Scott! They love Ditka a lot and I guess that is a good thing.

And So It Goes said...

Awwww... so sweet!

Lindsey @ FRESH AIR + FRESH FOOD said...

Really you should have known better Christy. Actually, the funniest thing about this is the dog's name. It cracks me up everytime I see it. It is after Mike Ditka?

Christy said...

Of course Lindsey, it was either after Mike Ditka or some guy named Dick Butkus. I didn't want the kids always talking about Butkus the dog, Ditka was only slightly better.
And, yes I should have known better!