Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eye can see clearly now

Now that my eye has healed. I was so innocently washing my hair when I got shampoo in my left eye and of course it hurt. Well, all day it hurt and wasn't getting any better. So I called the last eye doctor I had, which was well over 8 years ago. They got me in and he absolutely remembers me, (that felt nice.) I had Lasik eye surgery 12 years ago because I was legally blind and was tired of contacts, glasses and not being able to see my face in the mirror, unless it was 4 inches from my face. So, back to my eye injury. He looked at it extensively, put some funny die in it and said that I have a small scratch on my cornea, but that it was a chemical burn from my shampoo!!! The nice doctor numbed my eye, cleaned it out and put antibiotics in it and today I am glad to announce that it is all better. But this morning I used the Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo instead of the other stuff (it was suave in case you wanted to know) :)

I also forgot to blog that a couple of weeks ago, Lincoln scratched his cornea on a cardboard box and we went to the ER, his was much worse than mine but he is now all better too.

Also yesterday I think I turned into an alien and so did the kids and nothing was right and if it was, it still wasn't right. Today is much better, woke up and instantly started praying for the day, for the kids and for my attitude. Today is a new day and it will be better!!

Psalm 107:1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever

I choose that scripture because last night Reagan had kids worship choir practice and one of the songs they sing has that scripture is in it. Its was just what I needed to hear.

No comments: