Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm short

If you don't know me in real life, I am just under 5 feet 2 inches tall. Being a short person and pregnant I believe is different for say my friend Brooke, she is tall with long legs and a long torso. Don't get me wrong, she has had 4 babies and I know as all pregnancies they get uncomfortable no matter how tall or short you may be. I also don't want to sound like I am complaining. I am just no longer comfortable and I believe being a short person it happens sooner in your pregnancy than later.

This baby has no where to go but out and the baby has. I can no longer wear bras for more than a few hours, its just too painful. Bending over is hard, sitting is worse and standing is the easiest.

I eat much smaller meals just more frequently. I also need to get some slip on tennis shoes because I need more support than my flip flops and its getting too hard to put on tie tennis shoes.

I am 24 weeks pregnant and I have my monthly doctor's appointment tomorrow. Hopefully in 6 weeks we will be scheduling the c-section which could be 1 week before my due date. If that happens then I only have 15 weeks until we meet baby or 103 days!!

Okay, so you all know how I have been feeling, I can now get on with my daily life. My Mom once told me, "that as long as one woman knows your suffering, you will be alright." Now all of blog world knows my uncomfortableness, and now I should be just fine.

4 comments:

happybuss said...

Hang in there friend!! I can honestly say I've been there. It's the only time I could brag about having a 50 inch waist!

Can you go swimming? I remember that was the one things that brought temporary relief. I felt

Christy said...

Thanks Cyndi! Funny you should ask about swimming, we went tonight and it felt great. I see more swimming in my future :)
Oh and I never thought about measuring my waist, kinda scared to see the number.

happybuss said...

Yay! I'm glad swimming helpted! I was nervous about seeing my waist size, but thought "Hey, I'll never be this size again (I hope!), so why not see how large I am!" I thought it was pretty funny!

Lori Vernon said...

Oh my gosh, I totally feel your pain! I do have 2 inches on you (I'm 5'4"), but my ribs are killing me... just doesn't seem there's enough room in there for this baby :)