Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas crib bumpers

I found this lovely Moda Christmas fabric for the crib bumpers.

What I ended up doing is measuring the sides of the crib and essential just made 4 flat pillows. I also did buy crib bumper padding that gives you the exact about of padding you will need. I had to trim my padding down 2 inches, it was a little tall for my taste. I made my cuts and sewed the ties to the bottom of the bumpers and then sewed up the sides.

I then inserted the bumper padding and then made a stitch across the top to secure it in place. The picture's below are how I finished the bumpers and is essentially the most important part.

I pinned the top of the bumper and then sewed it closed.
Not worrying how it looked.


I then measured how much biased tape I would need and sewed the ends over and then pinned it onto the top of the bumper and sewed it on with red thread.

To sew on the ties I cut the biased tape into 16 inch sections and sewed the ends over so it looked nice. I then just laid it flat and sewed it on at the ends and in the middle of the long section of bumpers. I had a total of 20 ties, four for each end section and six for the two long sections. Does that make sense?

This is a totally easy project, just time consuming when you are pregnant and have kids to tend to and a house to run.

24 or 23 days depending on when you read this post until BABY!!!


This post is linked up to Vanessa's blog Southern In My Heart where she is hosting an Inspiration Friday party. Have you blogged about something this week that has inspired you? If so head on over there and link up!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

You make that look so easy!!! Now I wish I had a baby to make one for!:)

Vanessa said...

Hey friend! I'm so glad you linked this up to the party! They look so darling and I can't wait to meet the little person who is going to get to lie in that beautiful bed! :-)
Vanessa

Christy said...

Thank you ladies! It has been a fun project.