Monday, December 6, 2010

Lincoln as a big brother

Lincoln sat with me
not knowing McKinley would be too.


He just wanted to snuggle with Mom
and watch some cartoons.


He looked her over and gave her a kiss.



In the picture below
he told me he didn't want
to hold McKinley anymore.

I mean look at his face,
he was done and he still wasn't convinced she was a girl.




One last picture
with his fake smile.


Tim took the kids to dinner and talked more about lil' sis.

He found out that Lincoln thinks there is still a chance she could still be a boy.
So, Tim told him that when babies are born they are born naked
and that we can see their private parts
and that is how we know if the baby is a boy or a girl.

A light bulb went off in Lincoln's head.
He said, "Daddy, you mean she doesn't have a wiener?"
And Tim said, "Yes buddy, no wiener."
Reagan then pipes up and says,
"Dad, you mean you looked at MY private parts when I was born?!"
Saying it very shocked and somewhat appalled.

I think Lincoln now has a better understanding of his baby sister.
We also told him he is like his best buddy Toby,
who has a big sister & little sister.
That made him very happy!



3 comments:

jana said...

I'm so glad you wrote that conversation down. A few years from now you will have forgotten all about it and when you read it, you will laugh so hard!

happybuss said...

I showed Toby this blog and he got a big smile on his face. He was especially excited that he and Lincoln both had a big and a little sister.
Cyndi
p.s. Kirsten and I hope to visit you guys tomorrow morning, if you're still there.

A said...

So CUTE!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! Love it!! I can't stop smiling!