Tuesday, January 18, 2011

All Clear!

McKinley's lungs are all clear! We just got back from the doctor and he said she sounds great!

The crappy thing about RSV is that as long as she has a runny nose and a cough she is still contagious. So, no bible study this week and no play-dates. I can go grocery shopping but she needs to stay in her car seat. I shouldn't have her out of it when we are out.

I have cabin fever! Bad! I am an extrovert and I love people. I love being around people and I love socializing. But, McKinley's health comes first. So, we are home and I am watching a lot of "do it yourself" shows.

Back to RSV for a moment. The doctor told me that McKinley's lungs could be damaged from the RSV for the next couple of years and that when she gets another cold or virus it will go straight to her lungs and start wheezing. Ugh!! That just sucks!! My poor baby.

I don't want to be a hermit but now I feel super protective of her. Before it didn't bother me if my kids got colds or the occasional virus, I mean I hate it when my kids are sick but now I am just nervous about it. The big kids go to school so it is only a matter of time. My trust is in the Lord and that is where I need to put my nervousness.


My friend Maryanne has a blog called "A peek into our lives". They just had a baby girl named Magnolia and she had problems when she was born and needs your prayer! She now has her own blog here. Please pray for this little girl!!

No comments: