Friday, March 11, 2011

Why bloggers stop blogging?

I don't really know why people stop blogging. But what I really want them to know is how it affects ME!!

I have had many favorites over the years, and I definitely see a pattern before they pull the plug.

First, they go private and its fun for a while. Its like the blogger is drunk and their inhibitions go out the window and they talk about everything they have been dying to say for years.

Second, they have now said what they wanted to say and have nothing left to say and they end their blog.

Its sad and mostly true.

But what they don't know is how I so looked forward to their writing. How they have a unique way of making me laugh or give me an idea for my own family. Or the struggle they are going through is so close to my struggle that their openness is what helps get me through my day. I think it is extremely selfish to end a blog and I may upset some of my readers by saying that, but nobody thought of MY feelings when they stopped blogging.

That selfish statement might have gone a little far, but just because I don't comment every time doesn't mean I'm not reading. I hardly get comments, hardly ever! I'm not upset, and I don't blog for the feedback or to boost myself esteem.

I have a counter and I know how many times I get visitors.....all 5 of you. Vanessa, Jessica, Cyndi, Jana, and Maryanne, and okay maybe Brooke oh and Scott & Shana but that is it!! Well, I forgot my brothers Bill & Del, but now that is really it!!

I love blogging, I hope all my friends continue with their blogging as well!!!

13 comments:

Julie Donaldson said...

Hey. I check you out, too. What is our counter. I'd like to set one up again. I was on a long leave of absence but am up again. Check me out. Just posted yesterday!

Christy said...

Julie, the counter I use is sitemeter. Its free and easy, but blogger also has a counter as well. Ask Scott, I'm sure he can set you up.
And thank you for reading Julie :)

Generation Twenty-Something said...

I read your blog! It's bookmarked along with a few others....

Christy said...

Thanks Kelly, I read you too!

Melissa said...

I read your blog too!! : )

Christy said...

Of course Melissa! How could I forget our favorite neighbor!! And I read you too!!

Shana said...

Yeah, I post on my dadspostcards blog and my donaldson.me blog and my scottad.com blog.

I have too many blogs.

Shana said...

That last comment was from Scott.

Christy said...

Scott, you do have too many blogs :)

happybuss said...

You found me out, huh?? : )

scottAD said...

New post on my blog: http://www.dadspostcards.com/2011/03/heidelberg-pastry-shoppe-wow/

=P

Maryanne and AJ said...

How are you? Thinking about you tonight for some reason and just wanted to say hi!

Christy said...

We are doing great! I have more time, it's amazing without facebook. But I do miss the connection with my Mom friends. The time change sucks and it should be eliminated!! How are you? I brought the clothes last week, but we were doing little hearts so I didn't see you. I will bring them again on Thursday.