Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ouch

I woke up early this morning in pain. I went to the bathroom and nothing. I went back to bed and over the corse of the next hour my pain tripled. Tim finally called my dad around 3:45am. My Dad is an early riser and was able to take me to the ER and Tim stayed home with the kids. I was taken straight back, but didn't get pain meds until 6:15am. Above is my CT of the nasty kidney stone. Its about 4mm, which is average. I also have 3 to 4 more in my right kidney and 1 in my left. Boo! I'm heavily medicated and am resting at home. The dr. did say that the stone is at the end of it trip and very close to the bladder. Yeah! But until then I'm higher than a kite and taking Flo*max, which is what 70 year old men take for prostate issues. Apparently it helps relax the muscles so the stone can travel more easily.

I'll be back soon with an update and hopefully a picture of my stone, the name has yet to be decided. Possible names include, Sharon, Oliver, Rosetta, Rolling, Joss and Phillips. Get it? Hahaha, its kidney stone humor.

No comments: