Monday, April 23, 2012

last minute date with Lincoln

Reagan was out with my parents and Tim was home with a sleeping McKinley, so I asked Lincoln if he wanted to go out on a date with me? He said yes ;)

First stop was the donut shop, then our version on Central Park, its called Bush Park here. But we were disappointment, the city had to tear down the main wooden play structure and the see saw. So, we high tailed it out of there for the riverfront park and played in the last minutes of daylight. Then we went to DQ, had ice cream of course and told knock knock jokes that made absolutely no sense what so ever, but we laughed so hard till our bellies hurt.

I love our only boy, he is a loving tenderhearted warrior and am going to miss him so much next year!!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Isn't there just something about boys? Lincoln is too cute!

Christy said...

When Lincoln was a baby I use to tell him that I would be the best mother in law in the whole world. I have two older brothers that are married to wonderful women but they moved far away from my parents. The reality sunk in that boys move away and girls stay close. Boys need their Mama so much and then one day...
That is why I tell Lincoln that I will be the best mother in law in the whole world!! But so far we are moving to college with him and his wife will live with us and do the laundry and the cooking....hahaha! I just love that boy!

Jocelyn said...

Having two boys, I often am reminded of the saying "A son is a son until he takes a wife; but a daughter is a daughter for life." :)