Monday, January 21, 2013

Escaping

Tim's brother got married at the beautiful Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay, CA. My parents happily took the kids, Ditka and Reagan's sick hamster Cupcake and we caught a flight south. Can I just say the weather has been cold, gray and blah. When we landed it was sunny and warm and it felt good all the way to my soul.

I have back up to us boarding our tiny airplane.......it was the U of O Duck plane! Tim declared he would need a barf bag, haha he is such a funny guy. But little did we know how his words would be prophetic in less than 24hrs.

We landed to 60 degree weather and sun!!! I decided I was going to dress up and wear my sexy boots. We were headed to the Ritz Carlton and I wanted to look like I was headed to the Ritz. I left my sneakers, sweat pants, and t-shirts all at home.



Our room was an ocean view with a king size bed. They also have a driver who will drop you off in town and pick you up free of charge, the vehicles are two large SUV's. Let's just say that I utilized this luxury at every opportunity I could, and I could totally get use to having a personal driver.

After eating the best Italian food at Pasta Moon Ristorante in old downtown Half Moon Bay, we did a little shopping.

The best meal we have ever eaten!!  Clam Chowder & Lasagna at Pasta Moon in Half Moon Bay, CA






  
The first night we ate a late dinner with everyone at the Ritz.  We had such a great time, talking, eating and telling stories.  Around 9:30 we called it a night and everyone went to bed.  Around 11pm, Tim started to feel sick.  He was sick all night out both ends, it was horrible.  Early the next morning I called Tim's step dad and he took us to the ER.  It was the tiniest hospital slash nursing home I have ever seen.  One doctor and one nurse, and lots equipment.  After 4 hours, 3 liters of IV and lots of meds we were back at the Ritz.  Tim barely made it to the ceremony, which was so sweet and just perfect for them.  I'm not going to post pictures because I didn't ask and I want to protect their privacy.  I took Tim back to our room and went back for dinner with everyone else.  It was a very special time and I'm so glad that we could be there to celebrate them.....even if Tim didn't look like it.


 On our flight home we got upgraded to first class, boy what a treat and Tim sure did deserve that.
Other than Tim getting sick, we had a really nice time and were completely spoiled by the staff at the Ritz and Tim's brother and new wife........boy do we miss them!

 

No comments: