Friday, March 22, 2013

My Derrière \dairy air\

So, I fell down the stairs today while holding McKinley. I fell directly on my tush, then some forward rolling action all the while protecting McKinley from getting hurt. It was like a rug was pulled out from underneath me. McKinley was fine, just scared.

The kids were ready to call 911, but instead texted my Mom who wanted to call 911. I had to tell everyone to just calm down, and someone please get my heinie an ice pack.

The rest of the day wasn't so bad, my mom took the kids to chucky cheese and I slowly went grocery shopping.

But tonight I'm in real pain people. My neck, arm, sides, and the gluteus ...ouch!!
But I told the kids that first we would Praise The Lord!! And that the devil would not rob my joy! I would rather be with Jesus and injured, lonely, poor, sick, and fall down the stairs than to be without Him. My joy comes from Him and the devil can't touch that!

I said this to our kids so they would know that bad stuff happens and it sucks! But that our joy, love, hope, and faith don't come from having everything perfect all the time. It's a choice we make, to turn our eyes to God and to love our neighbors, help others, and be kind and polite to everyone. No reason to be rude, even if.

Tomorrow is going to suck in the pain department, that I'm sure of, but I have so much to be grateful for and about.

These verses have been playing on repeat in my head today as I have been dealing with the increasing pain.
Psalm 118:1
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 30:5
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.

So if you see me walking a little slow or funny, you know why ;)

1 comment:

stitcherella said...

I love this! Thanks for the laugh...and the reminder. Glad you are okay. If it hurts too much to sit down, you may want to see a doctor though. Tailbone injuries HURT!