Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 44 post op for rotator cuff repair


   

I saw my surgeon today and he is blown away with how much range of motion I have am an A+ patient.  But unfortunately Dr. Eric saw my shadow and I have 6 more weeks of physical therapy.  I guess that's not all that bad, I really like my two physical therapist and I do enjoy pt.  I need to really work on my flexibility of reaching my arm behind my back, like unhooking your bra strap.  I can also take my brace off when I'm at home, but its more comfortable to sleep with it on.I see the doc again in 6 weeks.

So on Monday I asked my physical therapist how long I would be in pain?  She laughed out loud which made me laugh.  I said, that wasn't suppose to make you laugh, she is so sweet and we both have a really good sense of humor.  But she said that the pain can last from 8 to 10 months.....ugh.....most of my pain comes from the screws that were drilled into the bone.  

Oh and I'm now determined to sew a day sling and then sleep in the ugly black sling/brace.
 
The rest of these pictures are from the fun we are having.


 





No comments: