Monday, September 9, 2013

Somewhere over the rainbow

I fixed one of my cherished childhood belongings.  I hung it in Reagan's room when she was 3 years old.  Then one day she yanked it from the ceiling by pulling on the purple heart and eventually pulled the heart off too.  She then cut off the other hearts to cover her tracks.  I wasn't mad at her, she was three, but I was sad and hurt and wanted to throw every scissor in the house in the garbage!!!   (Sadly none of the hearts were savable) 


 I kept the rainbow satin hot air balloon in hopes of someday fixing it.  My Grammie & Grandfather had given it to me.  They rarely ever gave actual gifts, mostly just money.  So I cherished the special items they did give me.  The satin rainbow hot air balloon was one of them.

Reagan and I had two big errands to run last Saturday and as a treat I heard about a good rummage sale and told Reagan she could pick something out.
As we were making are way thru the sale I picked up a rainbow heart mobile, my heart skipped a beat and I was pretty confident that it matched perfectly with my rainbow hot air balloon.

We came home and right away I noticed that they were both made by the same company, Russ Berrie.  Every single heart & string matched perfectly.  I can't tell you how excited I was!!

God is in the details my friends.  It really is the small things that are the big things.

P.S.  with the leftover hearts I plan on making something like the picture below for a friends nursery.  They are adopting from China.  I'd like to think that the cloud symbolizes God's love raining down on Baby Fu and their family,  I'm so making this!!  Their blog is on my blog roll, its called Unto Adoption.

1 comment:

Mia White said...

<3 <3 <3 you are the best tinkerfairy