Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Our Thanksgiving week

We arrived in sunny Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Saturday Nov 23rd.


We had a huge family reunion on my side.  34 of us converged on the Grand Mayan resort for glorious 7 days.  This little pool in on our lanai, the top picture is the view from the lanai.  It was beautiful the whole time.



We saw plenty of iguanas but this guy was our favorite, we named him Benny.





We often came back to our room to eat lunch.  It had a full kitchen and was much cheaper than eating pool side everyday.


This was the Mexican fiesta night on the beach.  McKinley thought it was her birthday party, so we went with it.  We all had a blast.


The lights in the far distance is where the Mexican fiesta was, it was magical.



We also painted pottery, this is a tradition for both kids and adults.


The kids found a lizard and the big kids insisted on me texting it to their best friends mom so they could see what they caught.

On Tuesday night we got to release baby turtles back into the ocean.  It was amazing and magical, one of our favorites for sure!!









We also got to swim with dolphins, the big kids and I had so much fun!!








                                

                              







We surprised our parents with a kick-off to their 50th wedding anniversary.  Its not until September 2014, but since we were all together anyway, we had a little surprise party for them.




My Uncle Bill, tell stories about my parents wedding day, that I had never heard before.


My Uncle Dave also telling stories.

McKinley slept thru the entire thing.
Both my brother's, my sister in law Beth and myself all said a little something
about our wonderful parents.  WE are so proud to be their kids.



This is all 34 of us on the beach for Thanksgiving dinner.  These are our orange reunion t-shirts, we were known all over the resort and got asked many times how many are in our group.  It was fun :)






My favorite picture.


The only hard part about the trip is that McKinley was constipated for about 4 days and I got a lung infection.  Upon our return I went to the doctor who diagnosed me with bronchitis and put me on a whole slew of medication, he was very concerned about it turning into pneumonia.
Last night in Mexico, we ate on a resturant on the beach, we loved all of it!!


This is on our drive home from the airport.  McKinley fell asleep first, then Reagan and then finally Lincoln. 

No comments: