Saturday, February 8, 2014

Presidents' Day diy shirts

started with 3 pictures I found online.  Then in Adobe photoshop I turned them black & white, got rid of the background and then used some tools so the dark spots were solid black.  Then I added all the photos to one image, this created the image below.


Then I used freezer paper and cut out a piece a little smaller than 8.5 x 11 and a piece of card stock.  I used blue painters tape to attach the freezer paper to the card stock and then printed my picture.

Next step: see below image. I used an x-acto knife and my cutting mat.

Next step: I had another picture I printed out and used it as my reference.


Next step: I used white fabric paint and painted a few coats.  Making sure they were thoroughly dry between coats.

Last step: carefully pulled off the freezer paper and threw it away.  Looks pretty awesome doesn't it?!


Lincoln's shirt.


Almost done with McKinley's but it has snowed between 8-12 inches and we have been having FUN!!!

1 comment:

scottAD said...

You are so crafty!! We love our Oregon shirts.