Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Lily Dollhouse update #19 finished

I finished the roof and while I waited for it to dry I started painting the window pediments and pieces for the stairs.



I glued on the roof trim top piece, then the last of the gingerbread pieces and then the last of the trim pieces to finish the look, kind of like a hood over the gingerbread pieces. I applied wood putty to fill the gaps, sanded and painted.





Here she is with the roof all finished without the porch stairs and window pediments.


Main porch stairs are finished.  I messed up on the stairs, but you wouldn't know it. ;)  Wood putty & paint cover a multitude of mistakes. 


All loaded up!

Carrying the dollhouse into the intake area for the state fair judging.





We are lucky to live in a state with wonderfully talented people.


This is the before picture after of our dinning room.

About 1.5 hours later we have our dinning room back.  It's so clean it echoes, lol!!

Friday we find out the results, I'm so nervous!!

P.s. I'm never building a dollhouse again.  I will however give tips, help, guide, encourage, help trouble shoot or problem solve.  













No comments: