Wednesday, October 22, 2014

House guests

We had my bestie from Montana (Montana Mia) stay with us a few weeks ago. Her hubby couldn't make the trip this time, so she drove with her 3 kiddos in one day?! Super woman, if you ask me!  Alric, their youngest had a few post op appointments for his cleft palate surgery. They stayed 6 nights in "The Lincoln Bedroom".

I was kind of nervous, as we have never had house guests stay with us for that long.  It's a level in friendship that most friends don't get the opportunity to attain. Most of our friends live here and there isn't a need to have family sleep overs.  

Will our families mesh, would there be enough space for 3 adults, 4 big kids and 2 little ones?  I don't think it could have gone any better. The kids had so much fun, I have so many mental images of them playing stand up comedy, giggling, playing hide n seek, deciding they were flying squirrels and countless other games.  And Mia and I would stay up and chat for a few hours after the kids went down. It really was fun, easy and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.





I added this picture because Alric loved our rocking elephant named George. I mean like he LOVED him.


This summer we are driving to Bozeman to visit them and go to Yellowstone, and we can't wait!!






No comments: