Monday, January 19, 2015

Lincoln

Lincoln tripped in his classroom on Friday. He had his hands in his pockets and couldn't catch himself. His right ear hit the edge of one of the students desks and sliced his ear open.

We went to the doctor and I kinda freaked out about how many people with the flu were sharing the same waiting room. 

Thankfully since Lincoln had an injury we were moved right away to the procedure room. Where I promptly wiped my purse and our hands down with Cavi wipes (I need some of those). They were concerned about cauliflower ear and had to open the wound back up to relieve the pressure (that was very painful). 
Then they made him look like a zombie and I think he rather enjoyed that part. He is on his way to a full recovery.  Moral of the story, if you have to visit the dr during flu season, hope for an injury so you won't have to use the same exam rooms.

Saturday morning after the injury.


Sunday night and I can see the swelling and the bruising have gone down.  It's still very sensitive to the touch, so no rough housing for him.
We are very thankful that it wasn't worse.



No comments: